There are 4 negative c19 tests required to be taken in order to visit Portugal from the UK and return.
- A PCR-swab negative test takenwithin 72 hours before you depart the UK and showing the subsequent Fit to Fly negative test result to board the flight to Portugal.
This can be booked online from any UK Government approved testing facility (NHS test not valid), either as:
- a walk–in appointment where you do not need to do anything other than take the test and they will send it to the lab for analysis and email you the result.
- a swab test kit sent in the post where you do the test yourself and are responsible for sending the swab back to the lab for analysis. The test kit and post and packaging are provided but this relies on a third party either Royal Mail or a courier to get the test to the lab in time.
- A PCR-Swab or Lateral Flow test taken within 72 hours before you depart Portugal showing the subsequent Fit to Fly negative test result to board the flight to UK.The Lateral Flow test is the best option to order as it is cheaper and more convenient as itdoes not require you to leave Wild View Retreat to take the test or send the result. It is like a pregnancy test that you take using saliva, whilst on a prebooked video call with a health practitioner of the company you ordered the test from. This can be done from the comfort of your room at Wild View Retreat, a photo of your result is then emailed to the company and they then verify and send you over email a Fit to Fly PDF document for us to board the plane.
- A PCR-Swab test on Day 2 and 8 of your arrival back to the UK, that you need to pre-order and have ready at home to take on Day 2 when you return. You must have a copy of your booking email to show immigration authorities when you clear customs on arrival back into the UK. This can be a walk-in test (1.a) or a test kit sent to you in the post (1.b) where you are responsible for sending it for analysis. You need to self-isolate for 10 days.
The Fit to Fly PCR tests in the UK currently cost between £70 and £150 – the tests that are sent to your home are cheaper but you are responsible for posting the kit back. A walk–in test via pre-paid appointment is a little more expensive but will give piece of mind knowing the lab have your test kit in hand.
The Lateral Flow test kit that you pre-order to your UK address ready for later use in Portugal is between £39 and £60.
All tests need to be ordered by the guest and are not the responsibility of Wild View Retreat.
Our advice is to book and order all of these tests 1-2 weeks before you leave for Portugal. The most important thing to remember is to TAKE YOUR LATERAL FLOW TEST KIT WITH YOU IN YOUR BAG TO PORTUGAL READY FOR USE 72 HOURS BEFORE YOU LEAVE PORTUGAL. If for any reason you forget to do this, Wild View Retreat can arrange for guests to be taken to our local centre in Sao Bras de Alportel for a PCR test – the cost will be €100 for the test plus €50 for transport there and back.
Passenger Locator Forms
Please note you will also need to complete an online Passenger Locater Form for Portugal BEFORE you leave the UK and have a copy ready to show immigration authorities in Portugal.
Please use the following details:
Wild View Retreat
Rua da Cortiça
Sao Bras de Alportel
You will also be required to complete a UK Online Passenger Locator Form BEFORE you leave Portugal and have a copy ready to show immigration authorities in the UK.
C19 Policy on Retreat – Keeping you Safe Without Compromising Your Experience.
We want everyone to have an exceptional experience and enjoy the retreat as much as possible. As such we will be running the retreat as any normal retreat in any given year whilst following local guidelines.
This is because:
- All international guest will have had a negative PCR covid test within 72 hours and been on a plane with only other that will all have had a negative covid test.
- Contact with non-retreat guests upon arrival into Portugal and travelling to the retreat will be negligible
- We are located in the mountains in a location famous for its pristine air quality, away from civilisation in one of the safest locations in the World with very low c19 rates.
- Our local staff will also undertake a lateral flow test before arriving to work at Wild View Retreat.
- For anyone travelling to the retreat without a required PCR test we will ask them to take a Lateral Flow test on arrival at Wild View Retreat and show evidence of a negative result (15 minute turn around).
We will be asking all guests to:
- Respect each other’s personal space and give consideration to social distancing at all times;
- Hand sanitize when entering all communal spaces (yoga/fitness studio, Manor House, Sauna Log Cabin)
- Take the yoga mat used for the first class back to their rooms and use it for each class.
- Help do their part and keep all equipment clean and sanitized for use thereafter.
- Enjoy the retreat and have fun!
Last Minute Concerns – Cancellations
Please note if Portugal moves to a UK Amber Listed country and or we are unable to run the retreat your booking is safe and you have the option of a full refund or reschedule your retreat to another within 12 months. Please contact us if you have any other last minute concerns.